Website

Monday, March 2, 2015

Studio Session Continued...

I spent another morning in the studio.  Today I found a photo my grandma took a while ago, and by awhile ago she means longer than I can fathom.  Anyways, the photo had a nice lead in with oaks and distant hill country giants, real Texas stuff.  As a Texas artist, I feel like I should paint bluebonnets.  I find the flower to be beautiful, and pretty fun to paint.  I set a limit on my usage of the flower.  I have seen them "blanketed" across a landscape, but when painted like that it seems garish, to me.  So I set some rules in the studio this morning: 

1. Use the flowers to define a line in design 

2. Distance flowers should be lighter

3. Don't over do it

With these rules applied, I finished my first Texas bluebonnet painting.


                            12x16

No comments:

Post a Comment