Website

Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday/Friday blog starts now


       I have decided to change a few approaches this year, let's just call them resolutions.  One involves keeping up with a blog.  I feel a blog will keep me focused on creating and journaling art.  This blog is as much for me as it is for you.  With that, I want to publish a blog every Monday and Friday.  On Mondays I will talk about my focuses and approach for the week and on Friday my progress for the week will be reported.

                                  Monday, January 5th 2015- "A Deadline Approaches"

      

      As the OPS (outdoor painters society) Southwest salon approaches, I am determined to create a piece that I am pleased with.     https://outdoorpainterssociety.wildapricot.org/page-1860112


      This morning was spent in River Chase along the Gaudalupe river.  I have fished this stretch many times and was attracted to a certain area.  There's a island that separates a rapid from a slower movement of water.  The scene is framed with greys produced by winter cypress and grounded by a warm slab of water.

                                       
         
                                                             "Two sides of movement"
                                                                              9x12

My fishing friend John, came with me and fished while I painted.  I left my rod behind but feel I caught a decent painting today.  Here's his catch...

                                      
     




No comments:

Post a Comment